I think I've finally figured out a workable schedule for our no-morning-nap household. It was tricky; I've really come to rely on a couple of Wendy-free hours in the morning. But now that she's a little older, she can start "helping" me with chores, so maybe it won't be so bad.
I'm going to institute some new policies that I think will help quite a bit:
1. No TV during the day. Not even PBS kids.
2. No firing up the computer until Wendy's afternoon nap (by which point the chores will already be done). I realize I'm on the computer now, but we haven't implemented the new schedule yet, so we're ok. :-)
3. Regularly scheduled times for meals & snacks. We've fallen into the eating-whenever-we're -hungry trap, and that doesn't do much for maintaining a schedule, or healthy habits, for that matter.
4. One (or more) loads of laundry every day. Sort, wash, dry, fold, and PUT AWAY.
5. All meals & snacks in the dining room.
I think if I stick to all of that, and the daily schedule & weekly chore chart I've put together, our household will be much more peaceful. It'll take awhile for it to become routine, and for us to get out of the rut we're in, but once it starts working, I think the rewards will be great!