Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday

I'm working on a post for tomorrow, and as such don't have much to say today! I was tagged by my friend Carrie; if you think of it, say a special prayer for Carrie today as she goes to have an ultrasound.

Here are my answers.

What was I doing ten years ago? Ten years ago I was a sophomore at Harding University. I was engaged to James, and planning our August wedding. I was taking 20 hours, which was my average (yes, average) courseload. I was singing in Concert Choir, and enjoying my social club activities as well.

5 Things on my To Do List today: Wash diapers - since we switched to cloth last week, that's always on my to-do list. Go to the grocery store. Return overdue library book. Mail out books for Paperback Swap. Fold & put away laundry.

Snacks I Enjoy: Hmm. A shorter list might be snacks I don't enjoy. I like food. Cheetos, Cheez-its, cookies, brownies, Goldfish, pretty much anything related to carbs or cheese!

Things I would do if I were a Billionaire: Pay off our debt & the debt of family members. Buy a bigger house on a bigger lot, preferrably in an area good for taking walks. Adopt a few children from overseas. Donate a bunch to St. Jude's Hospital, Compassion, and the orphanages we support in Haiti and Madagascar. Put the rest in savings so that we can continue to donate.

3 of my Bad Habits: These are more personality traits than habits, but anyway, they are laziness, being too sensitive, and lack of self-restraint.

Places I have lived: Carrie, I think I might have you beat! Marietta, OH; New Matamoros, OH; San Antonio, TX; Great Falls, MT; Athens, Greece; Huber Heights, OH; Belleville, IL; Beale AFB, CA; Anchorage, AK; Springfield, VA; Searcy, AR; London, England; Kensett, AR; Columbia, MO; Jefferson City, MO; White Bluff, TN.

5 Jobs I have had: Babysitter. Dog walker/cage cleaner at a vet clinic. Intern at the Pentagon. Veterinary assistant. Veterinarian. (And now - Mommy. Best job ever!)

I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to participate, and let me know if you do!

Happy Survivor and Lost Day! :-)

5 comments:

Queen B said...

Intern at the Pentagon? That is cool. How long did you work as a vet?

Tiffany said...

Wow! I didn't know some of that about you. Marietta...that is close to where my mom grew up...Woodsfield, OH. Small world, isn't it?! Pentagon? Again something I did not know. You will have to post more on that!

Queen Mother said...

tell us more.....

Jeni said...

You're right, Tiff, Woodsfield is close to Marietta. I remember visiting great-aunts etc. all around that area. Who knows, maybe we're distantly related.

I'll have to post more about my Pentagon experience later...

carrie said...

Yes, you beat me in travel! I can't wait to hear the rest of the Pentagon story!