Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WFMW: 5 Ingredient Peach Pie

This week at Rocks in my Dryer, Shannon's weekly "Works-For-Me Wednesday" tip carnival has a theme - recipes with five ingredients or less. After perusing my recipe file, I realized that most of my recipes are in the 7-9 ingredient range; not terribly complicated, or else I wouldn't make them, but not quick & easy either.

Then I remembered Andrew's Sour Cream Peach Pie. Andrew is the husband of my good friend Tiffany, from Snapshots of Life. Her husband is known for this pie. It sounds a little weird at first, but it is so creamy and yummy and good...you just don't know unless you've tried it.

Andrew's Sour Cream Peach Pie

1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
5 Tbsp flour
1 - 29oz. can of sliced peaches
Cinnamon and Sugar mixture to taste.

In medium bowl, stir together sugar, sour cream, and flour until creamy and smooth. Add cinnamon and sugar if desired.

In 9" pie pan, lay bottom crust. Add drained peach slices. Spoon sour cream mixture over the top. Add top crust and seal edges. Cut vent holes in top crust. (Andrew cuts it into a smiley face.) I always sprinkle plenty of cinnamon & sugar over the crust, just because it's yummy.

Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
Lower heat to 350 for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool and serve.

For more great 5-ingredient recipes, visit Rocks in my Dryer!

5 comments:

Mom's Marbles said...

Love the smiley face idea. Too cute!

Queen B said...

Sounds weird but I'm gonna try it!! Thanks!!

Deanna said...

I just got a ton of fresh peaches. I don't know how well it is going to work, but I don't know why not! Fresh peaches are yummy with just about anything!

Hope you'll drop by and visit!

Unknown said...

It sounds yummy to me! I'll have to try this soon!

Land of Lovings said...

I absolutely LOVE baking Pies and I can't wait to try this recipe. Sounds delicious and the fact that it is simple makes it even better.

Thanks for sharing your recipe!