Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cicada Weirdness


This is quite possibly one of the strangest things I've seen from the insect realm. I've seen tons of the little left behind exoskeletons, and several live cicadas, but this is the first time I ever saw one climbing out of his little too-tight exoskeleton. This guy was on the pine tree in James' grandparents' front yard the other night.

Reminds me of seventh grade, when skin-tight jeans were popular, and before anyone thought to put spandex in the denim.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Great Photo!! I have often heard them making their noise, but have never seen one up close like that!

Robin ~ PENSIEVE said...

That is one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen! Sooo freaky but COOL! Thanks for sharing with me; I wonder when these little critters hatch! They always get away before I see 'em!