Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2008

When it rains...

If it looks like I've been neglecting my blog this past week, well, I kinda have. But not intentionally. Last week was a bit crazy - here's a recap:
  • Sunday - starting to get sick. Make it to church & small group anyway, even without an afternoon nap.
  • Monday - SICK. Girlie banished to her grandparents' house.
  • Tuesday - a wee bit better. Go to grandparents' house to pick up Girlie. While there, Girlie dislocates her elbow again. Rush Girlie to doctor. All's well that ends well.
  • Tuesday night - insomnia, hit with Random Stomach Bug of Doom.
  • Wednesday - Girlie banished to her grandparents' house again.
  • Thursday - a little better, still not fully functioning.
  • Friday - spend the day working on writing for Inspired Bliss.
  • Saturday - wrestle with WordPress for hours, trying to get things posted for Inspired Bliss.
  • Sunday - Inspired Bliss reprieve, work on cleaning/organizing kitchen.
And so, at the beginning of another week, I've got lots to do - books to read for review, a bunch of writing to do, laundry (ALWAYS), etc.

But today? Today, the Girlie and I are going shopping, and then meeting a friend for lunch. No deadlines, no big to-do list, no critical things that just have to get done. We're taking it easy today. We're even having leftovers for dinner, so I don't have to cook.

So tell me - how often do you give yourself a "day off"? What do you do?

1 comment:

Allie said...

So sorry to hear you were feeling bad for so long!

You know, I rarely just give myself a day off and I think I need to (says the girl who just came back from vacation -- but I'm talking about in the general scheme of normal life). I feel like I always have an ongoing to do list and even when I don't accomplish a lot, I feel like I should be accomplishing more. I think I need to have days where I don't expect that of myself.