Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I thought I'd take a minute between making the Strawberry Pretzel Salad and mixing the filling for the Pumpkin Roll and share a few thankful thoughts.

This year I am especially thankful for:
  • James. I have been so sick with this pregnancy that my contribution to our daily household management has been negligible. James has picked up the slack and kept us fed, clothed, and cared for, all while working about 50 hours a week. He's a keeper.
  • Wendy. She brings so much life and laughter to our house! She keeps us busy, and her big blue eyes watch the world so carefully that it makes us pay more attention, too. I'm especially thankful that she's old enough now to say her bedtime prayers. ("Thank you, God. I love you, God. Night-night, God. Amen.)
  • JellyBean. Even though JellyBean has turned my world upside-down and made me sick on a regular basis, seeing that heartbeat & that kicking on the ultrasound makes it all worthwhile. I can't wait to meet you, little JellyBean!
  • Home. Our home is not luxurious by any American standards, but it is more than we need or deserve. The fact that we can just walk into our kitchen & have clean water at the turn of a knob is amazing. The fact that we can sleep warm & safe every night is a great blessing, one I never want to take for granted.

No comments: