Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Generalizations

I've read in a couple of different pregnancy guides that by this point in my pregnancy, I "should have gained between 10-14 pounds."

Right.

So, the fact that I've lost 25 pounds & not gained a single pound back?

My OB isn't concerned at this point. The ultrasound last week showed that David measures a few days bigger than his gestational age. Shoot, when I was pregnant with Wendy, I lost a total of 45 pounds, and she was a healthy 7 lbs., 9 oz.

I don't think pregnancy guides should use the word "should".

4 comments:

melanie. said...

i hate those generalizations, too. i am 21 weeks and have only gained 1 pound. apparently this means i'm malnourished and my baby is going to be deformed. or something. but the OB is okay with it and with my first, i only gained 12 pounds and he was 9 of that... now if only i could get those results AFTER the baby to lose the rest of my excess :)

Sandi said...

Or maybe they should use the word "should" but you should just know that you're the exception. :)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I so completely agree with you. I always gain far more than I "should" - apparently it is just how my body does pregnancy. I hate the word "should". :)

Dropped by to say thanks for entering my giveaway! Good luck with your pregnancy!

Tiffany said...

I never did anything that I "should" have in any of my pregnancies. Try not to dive yourself crazy over it. You are doing great!