Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pet Dilemma

I just finished putting three of the cats and the dog on Craig's List.

It's a big step for me, but I've come to the conclusion that it's just best all the way around if they can find a new, loving home. Our house is too small, our finances too tight, and my attention way too divided to keep track of all these pets.

I would just take them to the Humane Society, but their published statistics say that 2/3 of the animals that are taken in end up being euthanized.

That's a last resort.

But something's gotta give.

(We're still keeping two of the cats. And Matilda, the outside cat that isn't officially ours.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally relate, and we only have one cat! I have someone who might want to take her, but she's in the middle of some messy stuff in her life and wants things to settle down before she adds a cat back in the mix. (Her poor cat got out at Christmas and hasn't been seen since!)

I'm sure the pregnancy hormones don't help your tolerance level either. Hope it all works out soon!

Tiffany said...

Oh Jeni! I have not been able to catch up on blogs for a while. Which ones are going/staying? I know this has to be hard for you. Have you had any takers?