Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WFMW: My Sleeping Buddy


Sleeping while pregnant is complicated. The pajamas have to be just right so they don't irritate sensitive or itchy skin. The covers can't be too heavy. The pillow must be aligned just so. The bladder must be empty (or at least start out that way!). And the pregnant woman must lay on her left side like all the books & doctors say. If she wants to change positions & sleep on her right side (rebel!) it takes 5 minutes & a rest break to get all of THAT flopped over & comfy again.

I've always been a very active sleeper, so it's not easy for me to adjust to sleeping on my left side. I'm also prone to tension headaches, and I discovered pretty early on that sleeping in one position most of the night was NOT good for my shoulders. I would wake up with bunched muscles & neck strain from sleeping exclusively on my side.

Then I remembered my friend, the bolster pillow. Mine is about 8 inches in diameter and about 15 inches long, and is PERFECT for snuggling without being in the way. It fits neatly between my two arms when I'm laying on my side, supporting the upper arm & keeping my muscles nice & relaxed. It has made a huge difference in my comfort, and in pregnancy, comfort is essential!

That's what works for me - for more great tips, head over to Shannon's place for the weekly Works-For-Me Wednesday tip carnival!

4 comments:

mub said...

That seems like a handy idea even when you aren't pregnant! Thanks for the tip =)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I had to use a big body pillow to support my arms AND legs when I was pregnant. Boy, it was rough sleeping. Even more rough after they're born though!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great tip. We're planning on having a baby in the next year or two, so I need all the tips I can get!

Jenny said...

lmfao its not that bad.