Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm suffering from writer's block compounded by pregnancy brain, so I'm going with The Simple Woman's Daybook for today.

Outside my window...there is bright sunshine. The snow is almost completely gone, with just little bits gathered here & there in the shade. One daffodil is blooming in the front garden!

I am thinking...
that I really need to get some things done today. In my current state of pregnancy-induced sleepiness, it's easy for entire days to go by with nothing being accomplished. And my house shows it.

From the learning rooms...
Wendy and I will work more on the alphabet today. She knows three letters - R, O, M - and she's very interested in her alphabet puzzle and the ABC song.

I am thankful for...
a warm house! We take so much for granted, but last night James asked me if we should leave the gas fireplace on overnight. I said, "Yes, it's supposed to get down to 19 degrees tonight." And just like that, with a simple decision, our house stays warm when it's bitterly cold outside. Not everyone is so blessed.

From the kitchen...
the blueberry muffins are almost gone. That's probably a good thing, since I can't seem to stay away from them & they make my blood sugar too high. I still have about a cup of fresh blueberries left. I think I may make some pancakes with them.

I am wearing...
my bathrobe & PJs. I know. I plan to remedy that soon.

I am reading...
Sea Glass by Anita Shreve. I'm not yet sure whether I'd recommend it.

I am hoping...
that the nausea I felt yesterday will stay away for a long time. The rest of the pregnancy.

I am creating...
a blanket for baby David. I'm about halfway done. It's a beautiful medium blue color, with a pattern of wide vertical stripes.

I am hearing...
Sesame Street. Wendy likes to watch Sesame Street while she has her breakfast.

Around the house...
there is a lot of cat hair. I should vacuum more often.

One of my favorite things...
sleep! I've slept pretty good the last few nights, other than waking up to go to the bathroom. My strange/convoluted/vivid dreams continue, and I don't expect that to change until after David arrives at the end of May.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
going to the library - I'm almost out of reading material! Straightening & cleaning the living room. Straightening & cleaning the kitchen.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Wendy frequently wrestles with sleep. This picture is from last week, when she FINALLY gave in to sleep after fighting it for well over an hour. You can't really tell from the picture, but she's almost folded in half - I think sleep just overcame her mid-struggle!

2 comments:

Jerralea said...

Oh what an adorable picture! I love blueberry muffins, too. Enjoy them while you have them!

Tiffers said...

The joys of pregnancy. As much as I love the blessing at the end, I do not miss the pregnancy sleepiness, nausea, brain dealy, etc. What a darling picture thought. Our little guy is the same way with sleep. Have a blessed week!