Thursday, April 9, 2009

Early "Reading" Skills

One of Wendy's favorite books so far is "Click Clack Moo," by Doreen Cronin, illustrated by Betsy Lewin. I was introduced to this book by my friend Kristi, when I read it to her son Mason about a hundred eight years ago.


Anyway, the book is charming, and silly, and funny. Wendy likes it, and it's one I don't mind reading over and over. I read it to her at bedtime tonight, and then let her have the book to look at in bed.

As I sat in the living room, I could hear her "reading" to herself, and it made me wish I had the video camera handy.

"No miwk today. Dat too trouble. Kik kak MOOO! Dat funny..."

I've really got to record some of this cuteness, before she's all grown up.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

How sweet! I can't believe how big she is getting!

Dave S said...

You need to tell her to bring her "Kik kack moo" next time she visits. Grandpa would like her to read it to him!