Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, August 7, 2009

Saturday Stirrings: Chicken Piccata

I used to participate in a weekly blog carnival called "Saturday Stirrings," at FiddleDeeDee. It looks like the carnival is starting up again, and I'm happy to participate! I searched my recipe files for something I enjoy but hadn't yet posted, and here it is! Chicken Piccata!

I haven't made this in several years, but it is GOOD. After seeing this recipe again, I think I'm going to have to make it this week.

Chicken Piccata

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split

2 cups flour, seasoned with salt and black pepper

6 eggs

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/3 cup grated romano cheese

2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

2 tablespoons fresh basil

2 cups olive oil

Combine eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl. Heat the 2 cups of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

Dip the chicken breasts in flour and then in the piccata batter. Coat evenly on both sides. Carefully place it in the skillet and fry. When edges are golden brown, turn and brown the other side. Take the chicken out of the pan and place in another pan lined with paper towels to absorb most of the olive oil.

Place in a 350o F oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve with warm, buttered pasta.

1 comment:

Fiddledeedee said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you're back! This sounds wonderful. I am a fan of Chicken Piccata. Suddenly very very hungry. :)