Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WFMW: Train Table

While running errands yesterday, I discovered a new FREE way to reward Wendy for good behavior. We were in the middle of a day of shopping, and one of our stops was at Books-A-Million. Wendy remembered that they have a train table in the Children's Section and she made a beeline for it.

She happily spent about 45 minutes quietly playing with the trains, which gave me a chance to sit down, feed David, and just relax. It was great! I think we may be making Books-A-Million our regular "rest stop" when we're in the area.

Free entertainment works for me! For more great ideas, visit Works-For-Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We do this A LOT!! In fact, just yesterday so another blogger friend & I could have coffee and talk. Ladybug was a good girl while I had some adult conversation!