Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Top Ten Tuesday: Knitting
My blog has been so quiet lately! I've been taking some time to work on things, so I haven't been online much. Hopefully we'll be in more of a routine soon, and I'll be able to write - I miss it!
For today, I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday at OhAmanda.com.
Top Ten Things I Want to Knit:
1. Mittens - I have some great self-striping yarn that I would love to use to make mittens for Wendy. I just need to find a pattern or figure it out on my own.
2. New Hat for David - I made him a hat a couple of weeks ago, and I love it, but it is too small. It barely fits him, so I'd like to make the same pattern again and make it bigger.
3. New Hat for Wendy - I don't think Wendy has a warm hat that fits right now, and I need to get working on that!
4. David's Blanket - I started a blanket for David the day we found out he was a boy, and I haven't finished it yet! Other projects have taken over. I really need to get on it & finish it up so that he can use it this winter.
5. An iPod Cozy - I saw this pattern on Ravelry, and I'm pretty sure I could adapt it for my iPod. If you knit - these would probably make good Christmas gifts!
6. Sweater for Wendy - now that I am back in the habit of knitting & have learned some new skills, I'd like to tackle a sweater. I've never made a sweater before, but I think I can do it. All I need is the right yarn & enough time to get it done!
7. Jumper/Dress for Wendy - I have this pattern saved in my queue (I like to use that word whenever possible) on Ravelry, and Steph at Adventures in Babywearing wrote about it last week. I like the fact that the pattern is knit from the top down, so that you can add length as your girl grows - Wendy is growing so fast, it's hard to keep her in dresses that are long enough.
8. Pillow covers - we could really use some pillows for our couch & floor, and I'm sure I could knit something that I would like a lot better than what I've seen in the stores.
9. Socks - I would love to knit a pair of socks! It looks a little complicated, but I think once I finished one, I'd be able to do them pretty quickly.
10. Christmas presents - and since some of the recipients might read my blog, that's all I'm going to say about THAT.
Are you a knitter or crocheter? What's in your list of projects?