Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, February 7, 2011

Comfort Food at its Finest

Some recipes you make because they are healthy. Some are unique, incorporating new and different flavors that broaden your horizons. Some are great for impressing company and getting compliments at potlucks.

This recipe is none of those things. (Except for the potluck compliments. I'm pretty sure I've gotten those.) Instead it is noodle-y, cheesy, creamy and yummy, and is perfect comfort food for my family. My kids love it, my husband loves it, and it uses inexpensive ingredients we almost always have on hand.

Tuna Casserole

1 16-oz box of whole-wheat rotini pasta
2 small cans of tuna in water, undrained
1 can of green peas, undrained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
Panko crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions, minus 2 minutes of cooking time. While pasta is cooking, mix together tuna (with liquid), peas (with liquid), soup, cheddar cheese, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta and put in lightly-greased 9x13 baking pan. Pour soup mixture over the pasta and mix well. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and Panko crumbs. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden & sauce is bubbly.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm a huge fan of tuna noodle casserole so I'll have to give your version a try!

Amber said...

I definitely need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing. =)