Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pot Pie

Today, around 3 p.m., I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I don't usually plan ahead (I should, I know!) so it can be a little nerve-wracking to assemble a healthy meal for the family from whatever is on hand. But today, as I was pondering, I had a flash of inspiration. A very yummy dinner was the results.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pot Pie
1 - 12oz package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded (I'm sure canned would work, too)
4 strips of bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 package Ranch dip mix
1 cup Pioneer Baking Mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together broccoli, chicken, bacon, and soup. In a small bowl, stir sour cream and Ranch dip mix until combined; add to the chicken mixture. Pour into a deep-dish pie plate or 2-quart casserole dish.

Whisk together baking mix, egg, and milk. Pour evenly over chicken mixture, and spread to edges. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

(I would have a picture, but we dug into it as soon as it came out of the oven!)

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

That looks so good!!

Arkie Mama said...

Hey,

My name is Cathy Frye (aka Arkie Mama) of Little Rock Mamas. We never heard from our Easter basket winner, so we drew again, and ... you won! Just email me at cfrye@arkansasonline.com or Kristina at khanry@arkansasonline.com

(I am soooo trying this recipe. Yum!)