Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, April 18, 2011

Today




Wendy taught me a song this morning, one that she learned in Bible class. I'm sure it's been around for awhile, but I had never heard it before.

"A fuzzy caterpillar wiggled down a tree.
He wiggled right, he wiggled left, he wiggled right at me.
I put him in a box. "Don't go away," I said.
But when I looked again I saw a butterfly instead.
Now I could never make one, even if I tried,
'Cause only God in Heaven can make a butterfly"

I did a little Googling and found a second verse:

"Wiggly little tadpole swimming in a lake.
He wiggles here, he wiggles there, he wiggles like a snake!
Put him in a jar, "Don't go away," I said.
But when I opened up the jar - a hopping frog instead!
I could never make one, even if I tried.
Hopping frogs are made by God just like the butterfly!"

God can completely transform a caterpillar into a butterfly, and a tadpole into a frog...I'm praying He transforms this selfish Mama into one who is more patient, gracious, and loving.

3 comments:

Eco said...

One of our favorite songs around here. And I'm with ya on the patience thing -- we're all works in progress. :-)

deltasierra said...

Thank you for posting those lyrics! I've been trying to remember the words to that song for Weds night Bible class! :)

And I hear ya on the patience thing. I was really proud of myself the other night when I didn't blow up at Ian for knocking a bowl of craft beads all over the hardwood floor. My attitude is improving slowly... My big challenge is coming up, though, when my husband leaves for a two-week class in Hawaii. I think I'll be calling in the reserves (girlfriends and family) a few times so my husband still has children when he gets back. ;)

Jessica Heights said...

What a sweet song...and analogy!