Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pitiful Wendy...

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the wee hours of the morning. I was dealing with insomnia for a week or so, then that finally started to resolve, and Wendy got sick. And sick babies need to cuddle with Mama. Daddy just can't do that, because, as my mom says, "They don't have MacGuffies." Thursday night, Wendy was up every two hours needing soothed and cuddled. Friday night, she was up from about 11:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m., back up again at 6 a.m. Tonight so far she's woken up three times, just because she feels icky. So we begin the rocking and the patting, cuddled with the Blankie and the Binky until she goes to sleep. Then we start again in a few hours...

I thought Wendy was doing better, but her fever spiked again today. I sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon. It would make me feel better if we knew what she was dealing with, but her doctor basically said that she's got some sort of infection that he can't localize. Today was day 2 of antibiotics, so hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. It's quite pitiful to see your baby feverish and achy and tired. She doesn't want to eat, or play, or do much of anything, and she's too uncomfortable to sleep well. She's usually a happy, energetic, hungry explorer who takes 2 long naps and still sleeps 11 hours at night - I want that back!

And the good news is - once she gets well from whatever this is, she gets to go back to the doctor for her 12-month shots, and will feel yucky again for a few days. I do love motherhood, but it can certainly be frustrating when there isn't much you can do to make your child feel better.

I'm so tired.
And I'm thankful she isn't a sextuplet - these people on Good Morning America last week have 2 sets of twins, ages 11 and 9, and a set of sextuplets, age 3. One sick baby is all I can handle right now!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

So sorry that she's been sick! I'm glad you were able to stay with your parents while James was away -- what day did he come home?