Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

I've been thinking about works-for-me Wednesday all week! We always have a problem with the snacks in the diaper bag. They sink to the bottom, get smushed, get stale, or get forgotten. And with an active year-old baby, snacks are a must for any outing. We recently switched Wendy from formula to whole milk. That meant we didn't need the travel formula dispenser. I was about to put it away when I had a great idea - fill it with snacks!







This is our new "snack" dispenser! It's a Sassy product, and I think I paid maybe $5 for it. It's got 4 compartments and a turning lid with a spout. If you don't have one that you used for formula, it's worth buying one for snacks. In ours I currently have Goldfish, Fruity Cheerios, freeze-dried sweet corn and freeze-dried strawberries and bananas.



To our JC friends - we won't be making it for the church Homecoming after all! We're planning to visit the last weekend in October instead. Let me know if anyone is willing to host us! :-)



4 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

Fantastic container--I'll have to look for it! We've been stumbling along with ziploc baggies--would you like some Goldfish crumbs, Sunshine? No? Can't imagine why not! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

i have one of those that i'm not using anymore. MLM isn't quite eating snacks yet. but when he does, i'm totally going to use that! so glad i stumbled upon this post; i won't go and throw that container away now. thanks!!

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

Great idea ~

They also sell disposable plastic containers at Walmart for snacks, too. Of course, I reuse.

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Dutchnic said...

Good advice, thanks for sharing!