Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Memorial Day Pictures

I just remembered today that I still had pictures from Memorial Day just waiting to be uploaded. So without further ado, here they are!

We had planned to spend the day outside, with bocce ball, running through the sprinkler, and relaxing on the swing. Since it stormed all day, that didn't happen - we spent time together inside instead.

After a yummy lunch (we got the grilling done just as the rain was starting), Wendy and Avery (my nephew) needed some quiet time. Grandma turned on "Pop Go the Wiggles," and the kids went into a Wiggle-induced trance. Wendy let me tuck her blankie around her as she relaxed on the couch.

Look at the concentration on her little face! She lounged like this for about 45 minutes - I wish she'd be that still during church!

And by the way, that is THE Blankie, not just A blankie. We have two identical Blankies. I wish I had bought a third, because Target doesn't carry them any more, and an imitation Blankie just won't do.


My sister-in-law, Lisa, with her son, Avery, and my girlie. As soon as Avery sat in his Mom's lap, Wendy had to come join the party.


Cousins and trouble makers! Avery and Wendy love each other, and play pretty well together - until Avery starts whining that Wendy hit him. (And then I'm like, "Come on. You're 6 1/2. She's 20 months. Get over it.")


And after a day of partying, we weren't surprised that she couldn't make it all the way home without falling asleep. She was worn out - we all were!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love Wendy's little dress. Cute!

Jill said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all.

Tonya said...

What cute pictures!