Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rambling Wendy-isms

I haven't shared any Wendy updates lately, so be prepared for some rambling.

This past Saturday, we had the fun of meeting our good friends at the Memphis Zoo. They have a daughter who is 9 days older than Wendy, and we are brainwashing them now to be the best of friends and eventually college roommates. (I'm kidding - sort of...)


Little Arithelle is on the left, and Wendy on the right. Arithelle is a petite little thing, just like her Mama. Wendy is NOT a petite little thing, just like HER Mama!

Look how dainty Arithelle's legs are next to my big girlie!

We had a great time at the zoo, even though it was very hot. We took Wendy's canopied wagon, which she rode in about 15% of the time. This conversation happened about ten times during the course of our zoo visit:

Me: Do you want to ride?
W, with hand thrown out like a "STOP" sign: I no wide! More walk!

It's hard for me to believe that just a few short months ago, I was concerned about her verbal development. She was definitely behind - she didn't talk much at all until 19 months, preferring to use sign language to communicate what she needed.

She finally said, "Mama" at 19 months, the day before Mother's Day.

Now, just a few weeks shy of 2 years old, her vocabulary is about 200 words, and she uses sentences of up to four words. I think that's amazing progress!!

Most of her talking is in Wendy-speak, but it's getting more and more clear. She can also name many animals, and make appropriate sounds - we just added monkey today! (Monkey says, "Ooh ooh aah ahh!" in case you didn't know!)



Here are some common Wendy-isms:

"howise" = horse
"baise" = blankie
"ju-jus" = upstairs
"I yo" = I love you
"Ay-yay" = Avery, her cousin
"Yide" = outside
"Poo-poo-poo Bear" = Winnie the Pooh

Today, Grandpa came to visit for a short while. About 20 minutes after he left, Wendy climbed up on to the chair to look at the street and said, "Bye-bye, Pawpaw! I yo!" That's just sweetness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so hard not to compare our child to what the "experts" say is "normal." And I forget that LB is "big" until I see her next to an age-mate who is "normal."

(can I use "" any more in one comment?)