Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TILT: Earth's Best Baby Food

***"Things I Love Thursday" is usually hosted by Jill of The Diaper Diaries. Jill is currently in the Dominican Republic with World Vision, so Candace at Mama Mia is filling in!***

David is a big baby. That's kind of an understatement; at 11 months old, he was 25 lbs, 12 oz, and very tall, too. He is also very active, crawling everywhere at the speed of light and thisclose to walking. You can imagine that he has a hearty appetite!

On a recent excursion to Target, I realized I hadn't packed a lunch for David. I grabbed a jar of Vegetable Beef Pilaf from Earth's Best from the baby food aisle, and we settled in the snack area to eat. David took one bite and decided that it was just about the best thing he had ever eaten! I looked at the label, and it was full of good things - healthy, organic ingredients. There were no unnecessary additives, like sugar or salt or preservatives. He loved it, and I loved being able to feed him something so healthy!

In a perfect world, I'd prepare all of his meals from scratch, using organic produce, whole greats, and healthy fats. In the real world...well, I don't. Some of his meals are homemade, but many times he eats purchased baby food. Now that I've discovered Earth's Best organic 3rd foods, I feel better about it!

For more "Things I Love Thursday," visit the guest host, Candace, at Mama Mia!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Cool! Good review! (Happy TILT!)

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Thanks for posting this! I am going to have to tell my sister about it!