Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Saturday, September 15, 2007

5 for Saturday

James had to make a trip to Missouri, while sick baby and I stayed with my parents, so I wasn't able to post the last few days. Well, that's not true; I was able, but I've been spoiled with my cable modem and didn't want to use my parents' dial-up connection.

1. Living close to family. James decided to make the trip to Missouri to visit his boss, Carol, at the last minute. I was able to call my mom and ask, "Can Wendy and I come stay with you for a few days?" And, of course, she said, "Sure. See you when you get here." It was very helpful to have support with Wendy being sick and James out of town.

2. A loving husband. I take James for granted a lot. He called me when he was on the way to Missouri, just to tell me he was thinking about me. That just made my day.

3. Books. Any books. My latest purchases have been for Wendy; I just love a well-written, well-illustrated children's book, especially if it has a great message - like you should always listen to your Mama.

4. Readily-available medical care. With James out of town, and Wendy's fever getting higher and higher, it's great to know I can call her pediatrician day or night. Yesterday I called them at 8 a.m. and had an appointment for her scheduled for 9:30 a.m. That's fantastic.

5. Chilly mornings. This morning when I took Bella outside it was about 52 degrees. Brr! I love it! Especially after such a long, hot, dry, icky summer.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. James is on his way home to Tennessee as I type. Wendy is (I think) finally on the mend, thanks to lots of TLC (means "no sleep for Mama"), Tylenol, Motrin, and antibiotics. Now that she's getting better, I have to put my house back together... :-)

No comments: