Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Reaching out

My life has been very blessed, though I don't often take time to give God my thanks and praise. I am made more aware of this sometimes by hearing the stories of family and friends. We currently have a couple of friends that are going through serious struggles. It looks like they are going to make it through with faith and family intact. What surprises and shames me is that I talk to these people all the time and yet had no idea that they were in crisis.

How often do we all take for granted that everyone is OK? We talk about work, kids, sports, tv, all kinds of stuff that doesn't matter as much as the essentials - how is your faith? How is your prayer life? Is there anything I can do today to help you? Can I pray with you? Hug you? Cry with you?

I know for sure that sometimes I really wish people would cut through the polite chatter and ask me how I really am. My mission this week is to encourage those around me who are struggling, and reach out to people who are lonely.

1 comment:

DonnaMarie said...

Thank you SO much for inviting me to your blog! I had just asked Tawn tonight for your email address (again), so I could invite you to view mine - what a great way to stay in touch!

This blog entry was awesome! It shows your care and concern for others and what a beautiful person you are - inside and out! I've been inspired to to reach out to people and try harder to be the kind of friend/sister in Christ to others that God would want me to be! What great thoughts!

Hope all is well... welcome to the world of blogging!