Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, September 7, 2007

Disappointment, shoes, and 5 for Friday

I am so disappointed with myself! I challenged myself to encourage others this week, and I haven't done squat. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to take an hour or so to write cards and get them in the mail. It's really the least I could do.

Anyone who knows me well or has ever lived with me knows I have a thing about shoes. The thing is - I love them. Comfy shoes, impractical shoes, sandals, clogs, boots or slippers - I love them all. What I love more than my shoes is Wendy's shoes. I know there's no good reason for a toddler to have 4 pairs of church shoes, but who can resist the bright pink sparkly pair from Payless? Or the bright red patent leather from Target? They're so cute and tiny and girly...she'll probably turn out to be the worlds biggest tomboy and only ever wear scuffed up sneakers, so I have to dress her up while I have the chance!

I've seen other bloggers writing a "5 for Friday" blog, and I have gathered it's five things you're thankful for. I think that's a great idea, so I'm giving it a try:

1. Washers & dryers: I have a very hard time keeping up with the laundry now. I can't imagine having to do it all by hand, especially all the baby stuff.

2. Oxiclean: Along the same lines as #1. This stuff is like magic. It goes in any load, especially Wendy's clothes and the dog bed. Especially good when there has been a bad diaper that leaked onto the sleeper, sheets, blankie and kitty.

3. Air conditioning: Seriously. It has been so hot here this summer! We had one morning that our air conditioner had tripped the breaker, and by 9 a.m. it was 84 in our house. Thank goodness all we had to do was flip the switch.

4. Razzberry M&Ms: Have you tried them? They're wonderful! I like chocolate anyway, but these are really, really good! It's probably a good thing that I only got one bag.

5. Facebook: I just got on Facebook for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it helped me to reconnect with a lot of people from Harding that I hadn't heard from in 7 years. It's great to catch up with people, and it's surprising how many of them have migrated to the Nashville area.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: