Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Pumpkin is One!

My Wendy...


It's hard to believe that exactly one year ago, we were checking in to the L & D ward at Vanderbilt, anxiously awaiting the C-section that would bring us you. It had been a long nine months, and we were so happy to finally be meeting you.


When I heard your first cry, I was overwhelmed...you were really here, and really mad about it! :-) The nurses wrapped you up and put that tiny hat on your head and brought you over to me to kiss you. What a snuggly little bundle you were.


And now, today...you can walk, you can giggle, you can (and will) eat just about anything, and you bring so much joy to our lives. As I type, you're walking around wearing just a diaper, with a Binky in your mouth, a small bottle of powder in one hand, and dragging the Blankie with the other hand...you're so cute! What did we ever do before we had a Wendy?
Happy birthday, sweet pumpkin. Mommy loves you very much!

No comments: