Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thank God for healthy babies...

I was going to wait to blog until tomorrow, and include this in my "5 for Friday," but I just couldn't. Wendy went to the pediatrician this morning for Wendy's 1-year physical and shots. (Happy birthday - here are 4 pokes with sharp needles!) She's in perfect health. She weighs 21lb 3.8 oz and is 31 inches tall. That's 95th %ile for height and 50th %ile for weight. She's a string bean like her Daddy!

After we came home and I put her down for a nap, I checked my friends' blogs. I followed links around and ended up on this site. It tells a heartbreaking story of a precious baby girl and her family. As I read it, tears poured down my face. I thought of all the times I get frustrated with Wendy and her high energy level and propensity for trouble. I complain because I'm always chasing her or picking up after her, because she's so busy. And what I feel now, after reading that blog, is how dare I!

How could I complain about my vibrant, healthy child? The poor Farley family was hanging onto their little girl's every breath, and I get upset about books and toys in the floor? I have been so blessed. I don't even know the Farleys, but I'm certainly praying for them. I hope you will, too.

No comments: