Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Works-For-Me Wednesday

I've gotten so many good Blog ideas from reading my friends' pages! "Works for Me Wednesday" comes via Sandi, originally started by the Rocks in my Dryer blog. It's a way to share simple household tips, whether for cleaning, cooking, childcare, finances, anything at all pertaining to taking care of business.

So what works for me? Frozen chopped onion and green pepper. I'm sure that sounds simple, but it has helped my cooking tremendously. I hate chopping onions. I don't know if I'm extra-sensitive or just a weenie, but I get to crying so hard I can't even keep my eyes open. Then I discovered the handy bags of pre-chopped onions in the freezer case at Kroger. I just transfer it to a Ziploc freezer bag so that I can take out whatever quantity I need at a time.

Keeping the onions & green peppers on hand in the freezer also makes it very easy to make a great omelet in a hurry. (For me, "omelet" means scrambled eggs with stuff in them. I'm not good at the actual omeletting process.) Saute the onions & peppers in a little butter, add chopped ham or cooked bacon & cook, then add eggs and a little cream cheese. Absolutely delicious, and I usually serve it with biscuits from a can - gotta love the Doughboy!

Frozen chopped onions & green peppers work for me! What works for you?

1 comment:

Tawn said...

Ooo that's a good omelette idea...when we do omelette's for a meal I always have a hard time with everyone's finishing at the same time. I've learned a little trick. Boil a big pot of water. Give everyone quart size freezer ziplock bags. Add eggs and anything else you want. Zip it up and boil them all at the same time for about 15 minutes. They come out beautiful and everyone gets to eat at the same time without anyone's being cold. No messy pan to clean up either. :-) That's what works for me!