Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Terrific Tuesday!


The weather is gorgeous today! Sunny, breezy, warm but not hot. I love it! My grass and flowers are looking so much better after the rain, too. I'd like to revamp my flowerbeds, but I'm going to wait a bit longer so that I can plant some bulbs at the same time. I really want to find a nice shade tree for the side of our house - this summer was so brutal, we really understand the importance of shading the house as much as possible. If I can find a shade tree that has pretty blooms in the spring, that'll be even better, since it will be right outside our dining room window.


Wendy was helping me fold laundry today. "Helping" means something different to toddlers. She sees stacks of folded clothes as a challenge. She must pick up each item individually and shake it until no folds remain, then drop it on the floor. She repeats this until the coffee table is clear. I could avoid this by folding clothes on the dining table instead, but I kind of enjoy it. It's good to see her back to her usual very busy self after being so sick.
We are all looking forward to visiting Jefferson City for the church homecoming. Time flies; it seems like we just visited there, but it's been almost 4 months. We miss our friends there! It's been hard for us to make friends here in Tennessee; with James working from home and me now a SAHM, we don't get the daily interaction with others that we used to. It's a trade-off, though - we really love being close to family, and Wendy loves hanging out with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Lisa, and cousin Avery. I'm glad she'll be able to grow up surrounded by family - that's not one of the blessings James or I had, being Air Force brats.

3 comments:

LESTER said...

She is so cute Jeni. We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. I'm glad you are going to be able to make it.

DonnaMarie said...

Wendy is adorable! That's such a cute picture of her!

I'm glad to hear you all are coming in for the homecoming. Joe's working that weekend, but the kids and I plan on attending anyway. It'll be great to see you all again!

Sandi said...

She is so cute -- the perfect combo of you guys!