Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, October 5, 2007

5 for Friday

I've been busy this week doing the early-fall clean-up of my landscaping. It looks much better now. Today I've got to plant 98 bulbs, 48 pansies, 3 azaleas, and a maple tree. Then once James fixes the mower and gets the yard mowed, we'll be looking good! I wish I knew what to do with Wendy while I work outside; I'd love for her to enjoy the fresh air, but our street is really busy and she's really fast - and of course she heads right for the street if she's in the front yard! Maybe I'll take the Pack-n-Play outside...

Here's my 5 for this week:

1. Yard Sales. I think I may have included this in an earlier list, but I'm once again thankful. I noticed this morning that there was a big yard sale a few houses down from us, so after breakfast Wendy and I went to check it out. We spent a whole $1.75. Not bad for a Levi's denim jacket for girlie, a Cabbage Patch kid, and a stuffed vampire thing that Wendy loved.

2. Digital cameras. I've been taking lots of pictures lately, as you can see from my blog and facebook pages, and I just love the ease of using it. I had kinda gotten out of the habit of taking pictures before we got the digital camera a couple of years ago, but now I love it. I think the best thing is that you know what your picture looks like right away. You can hit "delete" and try again if it didn't turn out right.

3. Our new-to-us minivan. I still love it. With all the landscaping work I've been doing, and my mom has been doing, it's been filled to the brim a couple of times this week. That wouldn't have worked with the little Mercury...

4. Fall. Even though it's not really much cooler (it's supposed to be near 90 for the next few days) it looks and smells like fall. And we are getting a bit more rain now than we did this summer, so the grass is greener and the plants are happier. Now I'm looking forward to sweater-weather instead of sweating-weather!

5. High-speed internet. Since I got my laptop and James fixed up our wireless connection, I've been able to get in touch with a lot of friends I had lost contact with. I've felt pretty lonely since we moved here; moving right before having a baby and becoming a stay-at-home mom isn't great for making new friends, especially for a shy person. Family is fantastic, and I love being near them, but I miss friendships with people my own age. Anyway, I'm very thankful for the internet connection that lets me keep up with my many out-of-town friends.

I hope anyone reading this has a good weekend - we're planning to! :-)

No comments: