I was tagged by The Queen B to write seven random things about myself. I love these kinds of personality thingies, both the writing of mine and the reading of others. So here goes:
1. I broke my right ring finger playing volleyball in P.E. my senior year of high school. I surgery to implant 3 screws to fix it, then a couple of years later I had surgery to remove the screws because my tendons were pulling on the heads of the screws. It's pretty much normal now unless I do a lot of knitting or scrubbing or something like that.
2. I've done intestinal surgery on a cow, without general anesthesia, who was just standing there chewing her cud. That's not unique for a vet, but pretty strange for the general population, I think.
3. I was hit by a motorcycle in Athens, Greece, when I was in kindergarten. We lived there at the time (I'm an Air Force brat) and I was getting off the school bus. I ran across in front of the bus (like you're never supposed to do) and was hit. I was knocked unconscious and had a few small scrapes, but I was fine. At the time what bothered me the most was that I peed my pants - the ultimate in humiliation for a 5 year old.
4. I don't like traditional Thanksgiving food: sweet potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie. And not just don't like; I mean those foods trigger my gag reflex. My mom says I'm just not American. I've gone many years eating just turkey, green beans, and rolls for Thanksgiving.
5. I sometimes daydream about giving all my pets away. Yes, it's true. We have 5 indoor cats and 1 small dog, and life would be a lot simpler without them! But then, who would be my nap-buddies? I wouldn't actually give them away unless we just had to for financial or medical reasons, because I do love them and have committed to taking care of them. But still, especially when I'm awakened at 3 a.m. to the sounds of hairball ejection...
6. I love the scent of lilacs and honeysuckle. I have in the past had Yankee candles in those scents, but they got used up quickly. I planted lilacs this summer, so hopefully I'll have some nice fresh blooms this spring. I didn't get a honeysuckle this year, but plan to in the spring to grow with my climbing roses.
7. I'm glad Wendy looks like me. Is that selfish? I wouldn't have been upset if she looked like James, and it's not that I think I'm all that pretty, because I don't. There's just something very rewarding in hearing people say, "She looks just like her Mama!" I love it!
And so, there are 7 more random things about me. Some you may have known already, some you didn't, and most you probably don't care about. :-) I'm going to tag Tiffany, Sandi, Amie, Leslie, and Tawn! Have fun!