Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, January 25, 2008

Linky Love...

It's hard to think when your head is full of snot, so today I'm just going to share some links with you. I enjoyed them, I think they're worthwhile, and I think you will, too!

An Iowa Mom - this video of momspeak is pretty funny. I don't say all of that stuff now, but I know it's in my future.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks! - this pie recipe has been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks. I was going to make it two weeks ago when we had company, but that was the day Evette died, and I just wasn't in a pie-making mood. Anyway, it looks great, and you should try it.

Snapshots of Life - my good friend, Tiffany, lost her precious daughter at birth last March. She has written a post of guidelines to help people help suffering friends and family - the do's and don't's of helping when someone is grieving. It was a good post for me to read, especially right now. (And I'm hoping I wasn't one of the ones who said something hurtful or stupid to Tiffany!)

Shakespeare Insult Kit - I copied this link awhile back from Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer. I'm hanging on to it, because I know it'll come in handy someday. And besides that, just looking at it makes me laugh, thou mewling milk-livered measle! (Shakespeare and alliteration - my AP English teacher would be so proud!)

Dropping 110 pounds transforms woman's life - While the title is kind of a no-brainer to me (duh - of course it transformed her life!!), this story gives me hope. There's no magic formula for weight loss and healthier living, unless it's like Nike's slogan - Just Do It. Diet and exercise. And it works...I'll have to give that a try...


And finally, I'll leave you with a video. I had seen part of it before, but not the whole thing. Whatever your age, you'll get to a part of this video that makes you flash back and be thirteen again, dancing in front of the television with your girlfriends...for me, unfortunately, it was the Vanilla Ice part...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! The mom things was funny. I am sure I have heard a few of those things before. The pie recipe looks dangerous! No you were not one of the people who said the stupid things. You and James were very helpful! The insults were very creative and the CNN article very inspiring. Even though I don't need to lose a lot of weight, I do need to get in better shape.

But, my favorite linky love has to be the dance evolution video. How funny! I am going to add it to my favorites on YouTube. Thanks for sharing!