Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Andrew's Sour Cream Peach Pie

I don't have anything enlightening to share today, so I thought I'd post a recipe, as so many of you do on Saturday! This recipe comes from Andrew, husband of Tiffany from Snapshots of Life. It sounds a little iffy, but it's really, really good. Surprisingly good. Seriously. You should make some.

Andrew's Sour Cream Peach Pie

1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
5 Tbsp flour
1 - 29oz. can of sliced peaches
Cinnamon and Sugar mixture to taste.

In medium bowl, stir together sugar, sour cream, and flour until creamy and smooth. Add cinnamon and sugar if desired.

In 9" pie pan, lay bottom crust. Add drained peach slices. Spoon sour cream mixture over the top. Add top crust and seal edges. Cut vent holes in top crust. (Andrew cuts it into a smiley face.) I always sprinkle plenty of cinnamon & sugar over the crust, just because it's yummy.

Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
Lower heat to 350 for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool and serve.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I remember the first time he made this for me. We were dating and we went home to visit my parents and he made it. I was trying to figure out how I would tell him that it tasted great, but not to ever make it again. (It sounded gross to me with the sour cream.) But, it was amazing! Every time we went home after that, my mom mysteriously had all of the ingredients for the pie (usually on the counter). :)

Fiddledeedee said...

I think this will be going with me to our next family gathering! Thank you!

Queen Mother said...

this sounds great. Can't wait to make it. Thanks