Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Monday!

Since I'm almost 30 years old (yikes!!) I should be aware enough of my body and how it works to know that I should not take Unisom to help me sleep. It helps me sleep, alright...and helps me oversleep and feed groggy for the entirety of the next day. It's a good thing I don't drink; with my metabolism, I think one drink would probably put me under the table.

I did better this week, accomplishing 2 of the 5 things on my list. I consider that a success, especially since Wendy was sick for several days and we were all sleep-deprived. The most important thing is that I was able to resume daily Bible study. So far, so good.

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Make the transition from disposable to cloth diapers! We've ordered the cloth diapers, and they should arrive in the middle of the week. I'm excited and apprehensive. If we can make it work, it will really help out my monthly grocery budget!

2. Make first batch of homemade laundry detergent. I found a recipe online, and found the ingredients at Kroger. I'm going to give it a try - if it works as well as the reviews indicate, this will be another source of big savings for my grocery budget.

3. Hang dining room valance. I'm going to keep including this until it gets done!!

4. Get house completely clean. I mean the downstairs; the upstairs is a whole different problem. I've had a lot of trouble keeping to a housecleaning schedule, because I'm not starting with a clean house. I think if I can just get it clean, I can probably keep it clean as long as I stick to the schedule.

5. Organize linen cabinet. It's all a big jumble!


Another slim-pickin' week! Next week should be much better.

Monday - leftover pulled pork, potato-corn cakes, peas

Tuesday - oven-fried chicken, green beans, brown rice

Wednesday - tuna casserole

Thursday - dinner at Mom & Dad's, TBA

Friday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas

Saturday - chicken spaghetti casserole

Sunday - leftovers

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I was thinking about trying homemade laundry detergent, too! Please let me know how it works for you. I did mix up some all-purpose cleaner yesterday, and it works really well.