Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winnie-the-Pooh Who?

I was mistaken again.

After moving the cat family out of our bathroom yesterday, I planned to tackle a thorough cleaning and litter removal.

I gathered my supplies.

I gave Wendy a peanut butter sandwich & sippy cup of milk.

I turned on Winnie the Pooh.

And I set to work.

Approximately 2 seconds later, I heard, "Hmm." There's a particular inflection to that sound that makes me instantly search for Wendy and see whatever she's opened/broken/climbed/squished/eaten. In this case, I didn't have to search hard - she was in the doorway of the bathroom, little face alight with joy - Mommy was moving things! And spraying things! And wiping things! She had to come join in.

Aside from a cute moment when she wiped the wall to mimic me cleaning the mirror, it was a fiasco. Ever tried to clean a toilet with a very inquisitive 19-month old girl right there? It's not easy.

I didn't finish the bathroom. Now we're both watching Winnie-the-Pooh with our peanut butter sandwiches.

There's always naptime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...I so hear you. P3 is just like that. If Mama is doing it, it MUST be fascinating, right? Who knew we were so fun. lol

Alyson @ 3 P's

Dianna said...

Oh, I can relate too. My little guy is 21 months. I tried cleaning the bathroom with him a few weeks ago and he ended up trying to eat my cleaners and slamming the door into the glass shower door. I can't believe it didn't break.