Need photographic proof? Here:
Doesn't that look yummy? Can't you picture a few of those guys, still warm from the oven, snuggled up to a scoop or two of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla? Mmm...
If I'm making these to take somewhere (as I will be on Sunday), I like to make a double batch, since the recipe only makes 3 dozen. That way there will be too many, and I can bring some home. :-)
HEATH Bits Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.
3. Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved bits.
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.