Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Repressed Giggles

Those of you who know me in real life may know that I have a problem with the giggles. Under certain situations, once I start to giggle, I just can't stop. Not until tears are pouring down my face, my sides are quivering, and my cheeks hurt. It often happens at completely inappropriate times, and I end up all tense, with my belly shaking as I try not to make a sound.

This morning in church, we had our usual welcome & first song. I guess Wendy liked the song. In the few seconds of silence when the song ended, right before the person leading the opening prayer made it to the front of the auditorium, Wendy piped up with a loud, "YAY!!!"

I barely made it. I'd almost have myself under control with the giggles stopped, and I'd hear a small snicker from James.

It was a little embarrassing, but she brings us such joy. And who can fault her for enjoying praising God?

4 comments:

Jill said...

I Love This! I hope she keeps that joy.

Unknown said...

Love it! It's so wonderful to hear our kiddos be excited about Jesus.

Sandi said...

Hilarious! Gotta love it.

carrie said...

That was very funny. She said it with such excitement!