Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lasagna Casserole

Even though DeeDee isn't hosting Saturday Stirrings this weekend, I thought I'd post a yummy recipe. This is something I made up last night, when a survey of the pantry & fridge yielded very little in the way of ingredients. It turned out really yummy, though, and I'll plan to make it again!

I made this completely on the stovetop, but I'm sure if you put it in a dish & baked it, it would taste even better!

Lasagna Casserole
16 oz whole wheat rotini pasta (I use Barilla)
1 can/jar of spaghetti sauce (whatever tickles your fancy)
small can of sliced mushroom pieces, drained
16 oz container of cottage cheese
shredded mozzarella for topping

Cook rotini as directed on package, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and cottage cheese. Heat & stir until cheese is melted. Top servings with shredded mozzarella.

(When I make this in the future, I think I'll add chopped zucchini and/or bell pepper to bump up the nutrition - I just didn't have them on hand at the time!)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Sounds yummy! I love improv cooking when it works out!!