I really don't have much in the way of a coherent blog post for today, so I thought I'd give you an outline of some random thoughts.
1. Today was the first session in Stepping Up, by Beth Moore, in our ladies' Bible class. We didn't quite get through the first video due to technical difficulties, but I can tell this is going to be a great study.
2. I need to find a Kinko's or other place that will take my member book for the Bible study & make it spiral-bound. I saw that suggestion on Joanne's blog, and I think it'll work really well for the close quarters in our ladies' class.
3. I've gotten stuck in my Believing God study. Again. Now that we're past the yard sale, family visiting, and other distractions, I'm planning to reinstate my daily quiet time. I get really frustrated with myself, because this is a GREAT study, and has really touched me, and yet I can't quite get the routine down.
4. I committed to raising funds for my friends' baby-on-the-way's diaper stash. So far I've raised roughly $0.00. It's disappointing. One of my goals this week is to draft a fund-raising letter to go out to our friends & family throughout the country - I hope some of them will be able to contribute to little EA's diaper stash. (If you want to contribute, please e-mail me!!)
5. Wendy's vocabulary is really taking off. But, in the spirit of toddlerhood, she's also started squealing to show her displeasure. You know the toddler squeal - even if you don't have kids, you've heard it in restaurants & grocery stores. It's loud, extremely high pitched, and will make your eardrums bleed in you're in close proximity. Since that's not an acceptable way of self-expression in the Allen Family Circus, whenever Wendy makes that squeal, she gets a quick swat on the thigh, and she stops. I hope this phase doesn't last very long.
6. I have entirely too many cats in my house. Period. The End. Matilda and her 4 kittens are still living in our bathroom, until the kittens all have homes. Two are spoken for, so we just have two to go! Yay!
7. I completely changed my idea of what I wanted to do with the exterior of our house based on a photo I saw in Country Living magazine. The house in the picture was almost exactly like ours, and it was redone in a way I never would've thought of - and it looks great! I can't wait to fix our house up!
8. I'm still a member of the Single Line Club. Sigh. One good thing about the delay in our being able to conceive is that Wendy will most likely be potty-trained when #2 eventually comes along. I assumed we'd have babies close together, and would just have to deal with 2 in diapers at the same time, but this way will be much easier.
This post is already far too long - and so, if you're still reading, I'll put an end to your boredom. See what happens when a head full of random thoughts has access to a keyboard?