Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...

...and that's just in my tummy. Yuck.

In other news, I had a really, really strange dream during my nap today. I remember from being pregnant before that the hormones make me have very vivid, detailed, convoluted & strange dreams. They aren't all nightmares, but they are certainly weird.

Today I dreamed I went to a jewelry store to pick up an order. Apparently, I had gone in last week to check out a big sale they were advertising. I looked at all of their sterling silver jewelry, and picked out several things, because it was 50% off. I ordered the pieces & signed my name, saying that I would buy the pieces when they came in. The total was $153.33 - more than I should have spent, but I somehow justified it in my mind.

Anyway, today I went in to pick up the jewelry. The nice saleslady brought it out in nice little black boxes, and presented me with the final bill - for $15,333. I was shocked!! It turned out the nice sterling silver jewelry I had ordered was actually white gold. And wasn't on sale. I tried to cancel the order, to say that there was no way I could pay for this jewelry, but they (very nicely) said that I HAD to buy it - I was legally obligated.

There was much weeping & gnashing of teeth. I told them I was a SAHM with a 2 year old & a baby on the way, and had NO income. I said we'd probably have to sell one of the cars - which is strange, because we only have the minivan and a very old junker truck that's worth about $50. I asked if I could apply for a job there, and they could garnish my wages until the bill had been paid.

I woke up around that point, covered in sweat, trying to figure out how I was going to work when I'm so sick all the time, and who would watch the Girlie, and if I'd even have the bill paid off before May, when JellyBean will arrive...

I am so glad that was just a dream.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Me too! So very glad!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right - that was crazy!! :)

I dream crazy stuff while pregnant too. :P

Unknown said...

i remember having some pretty crazy dreams when I was pregnant too. hope the anxiety went away quickly!