Monday, January 12, 2009

Potty Training, Day 1

Wait - I thought this was supposed to be hard.

After offering Wendy the chance to go potty 3 different times over the weekend, with success each time, today we began in earnest. She was completely on board with the decision, asking for her "patties" (panties) after I took off her night diaper.

She has successfully used the potty 5 times today.

She has initiated the potty use each time, even interrupting her play.

She has not had any accidents. At all.

She's gotten a single M&M after each success, and happily eats her "deendy." (candy)

I'm so surprised, and so pleased. I'm just waiting for the hard part to start.


Nichole said...

I'm so pleased for you! And a little envious, I'll admit. :)

BexInTheCity said...

I told you it's not hard when they are ready! Potty training books are a waste of money I'm convinced. YAY Wendy!!!

LESTER said...

I guess you didn't need those books after all!