Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, May 18, 2009

Awesome

I think I brag on James fairly regularly on my blog, because he's a great guy. Definitely not perfect, but a great husband, a wonderful father, a conscientious employee, and a stubborn seeker-of-God.

One of my favorite roles of his? Grocery shopper.

With this pregnancy, he has taken on the additional burden of being our family grocery shopper. And about half the time, he takes Wendy with him, meaning I get a few hours of quiet AND a replenished kitchen. Sure, he has to call me a couple of times each trip to ask for clarification about something on the list, or if I know where in the world Kroger hides the relish, but it's totally worth it.

I'm serious - I haven't set foot in a grocery store since maybe November. I don't miss it.

In a few weeks, after David arrives & we get a bit more settled, I'll have to take over the grocery shopping again. I'm not looking forward to it, but I have been so thankful to have this time of rest.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

That is awesome! Alex loves to do the grocery. I usually go with him, though, because he tends to buy really random stuff if he goes alone.

Holly said...

Praying for you, Jeni! So excited to meet your son!!

And yes a grocery shopping husband is a gem for sure.

carrie said...

That is very nice! I hated grocery shopping when I was big pregnant!