Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Famous Cornbread

I really don't care for cornbread in general...but I love MY cornbread. The recipe came about from James describing to me how his mother made cornbread when he was growing up. I gave it a try, winging it a few times, and stumbled upon the most delicious cornbread. Ever.

If you don't like sweet cornbread, you may not like it, because it does turn out slightly sweet. But it's so moist, and buttery, and yummy, and MMMM...we had some tonight with beef stew, and it was fabulous.

It's very easy, and very cheap, too. Whenever I take it to a potluck or gathering, someone always asks for the recipe! So here goes:

My Famous Cornbread
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 can cream-style corn
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk (roughly)
6 Tbsp butter, softened

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together muffin mix, corn, eggs, & milk. Pour into a lightly-greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes. As soon as it comes out of the oven, place butter on top & melt evenly all over top.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe is very much like my great grandmother's which I love. She used sour cream instead of the milk and cooked in a bacon greased iron skillet. I think I could eat the whole pan!