Here's what I did:
- Cut 1" x 8" strips from an old T-shirt. I used 10 strips for her little head; for a bigger girl or thicker hair, you'd need more strips.
- Washed her hair, conditioned well, let air dry.
- Gathered comb, mousse, rag strips, and child, and turned on a fun DVD. (For an almost-3 year old, that last bit is essential if you want her to hold still!)
- Combed her hair out, and liberally applied mousse. Lots and lots of mousse.
- Sectioned the hair, starting at the top of the head, and rolled each little section on a rag strip, then tied the strip in a knot to keep it in place.
The curls were a bit tighter than I would prefer, but I'm sure with more practice I'll get it just right. I may try sponge rollers, too, if I can ever find them at the store. These rag curls were really quite easy, and they were comfortable for Wendy - she wore them for over 12 hours, and didn't seem to be bothered by them at all.
Rag curls work for me! For more tips & ideas, visit Works-For-Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family!