Today's tip is a really simple one, but it makes a big difference in how I use Facebook. During Facebook's recent update, they changed the flow of the home page. Now there are quiz results, game scores, and all kinds of other items cluttering up the home page.
A friend walked me through an easy fix for this, and I love it! If you're interested in seeing just the status updates of your friends, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Facebook home page.
2. In the upper left, there is a list of options. It may say things like, "News Feed," "Family," etc. based on how your friends are labeled. Underneath that list is a little tab that says, "More."
3. Click on "More" to display a bigger list, and find "Status Updates."
4. Click on "Status Updates" and drag it to the top of the list of options, above "News Feed."
5. That's it! Now, when you go to your home page, the default view will be of new status updates. You can still access everything else by clicking on the "News Feed" option.
I hope that helps! I'm certainly happier with my home page set this way.
For more tips & advice, visit Works-For-Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family!