Monday, April 26, 2010
I do a lot of shopping online. While I enjoy shopping in brick-and-mortar stores, it's not always practical with two kids in tow. When the kids are with me, I can't leisurely peruse clearance racks or make multiple trips to a fitting room. And making multiple stops with the kids? Unbuckling from carseats, setting up stroller, buckling into stroller, shopping, unbuckling from stroller, buckling back into carseats, collapsing stroller again...just thinking about it wears me out.
Here's a list of my favorite sites for online shopping:
1) Amazon - this one is a given! I think Amazon is probably the world's most popular site for online shopping. You can get just about anything through Amazon, and you can usually get free shipping. We've done all of our Christmas shopping using Amazon several times.
2) Diapers.com - despite the name, they have much more than diapers! They have all kinds of baby essentials: formula, baby food, clothing, baby wash, toys, books...all kinds of stuff! I've been very pleased with how quickly orders are shipped, too.
3) Target - one of my favorite real-life stores is also a favorite online shopping site! Many things ship for free, and I've found great clearance items.
4) Alice - a relative newcomer to the online shopping realm, Alice is revolutionizing the way people shop! Alice carries all sorts of household items, and shipping is always free! There is a minimum of six items per order, but with the variety of products available, filling my cart is no problem!
5) Etsy - after browsing for months, I made my first Etsy purchase last week, and I'm thrilled! I'll share more about it on Thursday. Etsy is a great site for handmade and vintage items of all kinds.
6) Kohl's - another store that is great in real life! Kohl's is famous for their wonderful sales, and those prices are available online, as well.
7) Gymboree - I probably shouldn't browse on Gymboree, because I inevitably find something that would be perfect for Wendy. And then there are the matching hairbows...and tights...and sweater...and shoes... *sigh*
8) Crazy 8 - a less expensive store in the Gymboree family, Crazy 8 has a good variety of quality casual clothes for munchkins.
9) Old Navy - one of the best things about the Old Navy online store is the "Women's Plus" section. It's not available in stores, but the selection online is great! There are also great sale and clearance items throughout the site.
10) Retail Me Not - before I make any online purchase, I search for coupon codes through Retail Me Not. I can almost always get 15-20% off or free shipping - it's definitely worth clicking!
Do you shop online? What are your favorite sites?
For more Top Ten Tuesday lists, visit OhAmanda.com!
Blessings, Jeni at 10:00 PM