Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sharing is Nice

The first Monday of the New Year is always a bit of a shock. The Christmas decorations are put away (they are at our house, anyway), the cookies are gone, and everyone has to return to regularly-scheduled programming.

Bah, humbug.


This stretch of the year, from the beginning of January until, say, Easter, is my least favorite. Between the cold, the ice, the uniform brown-ness of the world...it discourages me. But, hey! We're not going to focus on that! We're going to focus on good things, like yummy recipes.

Jalapeno Popper Dip - this dip was the star of our New Year's Day celebration. If you like jalapeno poppers...if you like dip...if you are breathing...you will love this dip! We served it with pita chips, and it was perfection. (I might finish off the leftovers for breakfast...don't tell.)

Gingerbread Cookies
- I had never made gingerbread cookies before this year, but I knew that Wendy would really enjoy helping me decorate them. This recipe was simple and wonderful! The only trouble I had was with cutting the cookies out. The first cookie cutters I was trying to use were too detailed, and the cookies kept tearing as I was trying to lift them out of the dough. Changing to a larger, simpler cookie cutter solved the problem, and they turned out great!

Did you try any new recipes this holiday season? What was your favorite?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Christmas seems like a million years ago! I can't think of anything new I made. All yummy favorites, lol.