Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Aliiiiiive!!

Back in the fall, I made a mistake. If I had thought about the potential consequences, I would never have let this scenario develop.

Let me set the scene:
  • toddler boy
  • Mama's big 22-oz travel mug of coffee, half full, no lid
  • Mama's iPod Classic
  • Nice iPod dock stereo thing
  • Mama occupied in another room
You can see where this is going, right? David, for reasons known only to him, decided to take my iPod out of the dock, dunk it in the coffee several times, and then put it back in the dock. Because he replaced it in the dock, I didn't even realize what he had done for several hours, when I suddenly noticed coffee drips leading to the dock, and sticky little fingerprints all over the iPod. I was not amused.

I dried the iPod out as much as I could, and I was shocked that it still worked. Shocked! That didn't last; over the course of time, things slowly started to go wrong with it, until it finally turned into a very expensive paperweight. Resigning myself to its fate, I splurged and bought myself a new iPod Nano and new earbuds, both of which I have really enjoyed.

James wasn't so resigned. He did some research and found a company called Mission Repair that specializes in repair of small electronics and computers. He packed up my coffee-soaked iPod and sent it off. Yesterday, two weeks after he sent it off, it came back, fully-functional! Really! The Mission Repair people reported that it had "severe water damage" (heh) but they replaced a something-or-other and cleaned it up and it works great! The kids and I are currently listening to our favorite audiobooks while we play.

We will continue to use the iPod Nano for on-the-go, in-the-car, out-and-about-type uses, but the Classic will stay firmly ensconced in the dock...out of reach of toddlers and coffee.

If you have an iPod or phone that is in the "expensive paperweight" category, I suggest checking out Mission Repair!

All of these opinions are my own. Mission Repair doesn't know me or my blog, and has not reimbursed or compensated me in any way for this post. I'm just really impressed with their service!

No comments: