Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

That's right. Christmas is in less than two months. And with all of the busy-ness between now and then, that two months will fly!

One of my favorite things about the beginning of the holiday season is the Christmas cards. Planning our cards, making our cards, mailing our cards, and getting cards in return. I especially love photo cards, and seeing how friends' families have grown and changed. We all put a lot of effort into getting the cards just right; one year I went so far as to make all of our Christmas cards by hand, complete with little snowflake-brad embellishments. (One year. I did that ONCE.)

For the last several years, we've sent out photo cards that we've ordered from one place or another. Last year was different, though - last year we used Shutterfly. I was impressed with how many designs were available, with lots of options for personalization. The process was simple, the transaction was quick, and the cards were beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. I had to resist the urge to call all of my friends so that I could beg for compliments about our Christmas card.

Here's what they have available this year:

Holiday Cards

Christmas Cards

Photo Gifts

I'm not sure which cards we are going to use this year; a lot depends on the Christmas pictures we'll take in the next month or so. I do know that we'll be using Shutterfly again and will happily and heartily recommend them to anyone in the market for Christmas cards, photo gifts, and other personalized things.

Want 25 free photo cards? Comment on this post, telling me a little bit about your favorite Christmas tradition, and you could be one of three winners! Giveaway ends at noon CST on Friday, 11/4/11.

Are you a blogger? Want a chance at 25 free cards this holiday season? Register here: http://goo.gl/DDw7Q

5 comments:

Nichole said...

My favorite Christmas tradition is something called "cookie pudding." It's a family recipe that very few people who aren't related to the family by blood actually like. I love it and could eat the entire thing. We only make it at Christmas.

Also: My birthday is 11/4, so this would be a perfectly lovely gift. :)

Amy said...

My favorite Christmas tradition as an adult is watching all the great Christmas movies on televsion. As a child, it was sleeping in my sister's bed with her on Christmas Eve and us waking up in the middle of the night to see what santa left us under the tree. We would sneak back to bed so our parents didn't catch us looking and then act surprised the next morning as if we were seeing everything for the first time. We did this for years.

Alikashmira said...

My favorite is decorating the tree with whole family and enjoying the Christmas morning with adorable smile and surprises.

Susan said...

We LOVE Shutterfly! I've used a couple other companies and then you recommended Shutterfly last year. I've used them a couple of times since Christmas. Plan on using them again either way...

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get cash for every visit to your short links.