Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Works-For-Me Wednesday - keeping track of medications





If you're like me, you have a hard time remembering to take your vitamins or daily medications. When your child is sick and things are more stressful than usual, keeping track of medications becomes even more complicated. I've done a couple of things that make life easier when Wendy is sick.

1. We got a chart from her doctor with weights and the appropriate doses of Tylenol and Motrin. This chart lives on the side of the fridge. At the bottom of the chart, I record her current weight and the date after any visit to her doctor. That way I can see at a glance what dose she needs.

2. My whiteboard (which I've blogged about before) serves as a running of list of when she got what medication. This is great for those awful ear infections when she's getting antibiotics, Tylenol, Motrin, and eardrops. Basically, all the medicine lives on the kitchen counter out of reach. When I give her a dose of something, I write it and the time it was given on the bottom of the whiteboard. It's way WAY more reliable than my memory! (Without my whiteboard, I'd be thinking, I know I gave her the Tylenol at lunchtime, but was it before or after Guiding Light?)

I hope these tips help you out. Simplifying our sick days works for me - what works for you?

No comments: